Here we shall discuss some of the characteristics of retirement house plans:
• Multi level counters that can be adjusted helps people using wheelchairs access them easily.
• Anti- slip surfaces to reduce the chances of nasty tumbles.
• Single storey house plans are the best option for the aged, as they do not have to climb stairs and swiftly travel in their wheelchairs in any corner of the house.
• Those suffering from arthritis find it difficult to reach out to the cabinets. Shelving accessories like Pullout gliders can make it easier for them to organize the cabinet contents.
• Grip bars here and there can assist an elderly individual and ensure he/she doesn’t fall.
• Retirement house plans must have level style door handles. This helps those suffering from arthritis to a considerable extent, as they do not have to perform twisting actions to open a door.
• Wheelchair access in the bathrooms is another distinguishing feature of a retirement house plan. Lip-free showers and walk-in-tubs are some of the features in the bathroom. The living areas must have at least 60” by 60” space, so that maneuvering wheelchair does not become a problem. Placing a fold down seat below the shower helps the elderly individuals to rest when required.
• Conscientious house plans for the elderly individuals must include remote control features for blinds, windows and other inaccessible areas or elements inside the house.
• Retirement house plans with open floor designs reduce unnecessary walls. An open dining, kitchen and shared living space offers more space for turning the wheelchair. Moreover, the lines-of-sight also increase with open floor plans. This helps the occupants monitor the environment by sight rather than relying on sound.
• Ensuring bright light in the multi-generational homes is a must. The elderly individuals should be able to work comfortably sitting on their chair.
• To ensure the retirement house plan has a universal design, you can refer to the ADA standards, which is also known as ANSI A117.1.
Multi-generational house plans are gaining immense popularity these days among the elderly individuals as well as the young. So, if you are looking for “the perfect home” after retirement, you can get in touch with the architects online, who shall find the perfect home of your dreams. You will love to spend the rest of your life in the comfortable arrangements of your retirement home.
It can be a gateway to a healthy and relaxed life, which can turn out to be a permanent vacation destination for you. Since the options for senior living has improved and increased, you can explore the different possibilities by getting in touch with a professional architect and communicate your desires and requirements.
This article was written by Hallie Obin, on behalf of MonsterHousePlans, helping you choose from the widest range of house plans. To know how you can choose the right house plans, you may visit Wikihow.