Why is local SEO important?
Local SEO services in Houston is important for the success of online business in the following ways:
• SEO increases the ranking of the business in SERP (search engine result pages) based on the user’s location. It means when the user is looking for a product or service, the business offering that particular product or service, closest to their location, show at the top of the result page.
• Some users prefer to search online but do not buy online and prefer to visit the store after searching for its location online.
• Facilities like medical, law, plumbing, electricity and dining cannot be avail online and hence local SEO works for both the customer and the business.
• It helps in understanding the competitors’ strategies and its users, which eventually help in increasing organic traffic from local vicinity to one’s business.
• Search engines keep changing their algorithm and SEO helps in altering SEO strategies as per the changed algorithm.
• Local SEO services in Houston target specific town, city, region and province to establish a local medium for the business.
Factors affecting local SEO
• The physical presence of the business in the local vicinity is the first and important requirement. If a business does have a physical presence, it will not show in search results because most search engines use geo signals using their algorithm.
• Another important factor is NAP, which expands as name, address, and phone. Search engines look for businesses with consistent and genuine citations.
• Then there are traditional SEO factors that also count for local SEO as they do for SEO in general. These factors are on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO strategies.
Major Local SEO services
The most common local SEO services in Houston ( https://www.brazosvalleymarketing.com/ ) include the following:
Localization simply means including city and region of the business throughout the site so that search engines can obtain geo signals and show business in local search results. For businesses present at different locations, a separate webpage is created to include all the locations.
These are of two types; structured and unstructured. A structured citation is an appearance of in business listings such as Yelp, whereas unstructured citation, comes with a press release and social media posts.
Managing reviews and ratings
Genuine reviews from existing customers make the crawlers easily find the business. These reviews are unbiased and hence increase the credibility of business among customers.
Obtaining backlinks from the well-established website, which is already doing well on various search engines, helps the business being recognized by the search engines. Links from bloggers, business associates, and local newspaper prove to be a great help.