How does it work?
Although science does not have any evidence to support this belief but acupuncture does help in other ways:
• Acupuncture for weight loss in Houston, TX helps in increasing the metabolism of the body. The higher the metabolism, the more calories are burned. When the needles are inserted at specific points in the body, they stimulate the blood flow which ultimately results in increased metabolism.
• Chinese medicine believes that the weight gain is caused by the malfunctioning of spleen and liver. Acupuncture corrects that balance to reduce weight loss.
• Water retention which is caused by endocrine gland and kidneys also adds to the weight and acupuncture heals these organs and helps reduce weight.
• Acupuncture reduces stress from mind and body which helps the person to achieve their health goals and to also maintain them. It also prevents overeating out of stress and prevents further weight gain.
• After continuous sessions of acupuncture, there is a healthy loss in the appetite which also prevents the person from indulging into unhealthy eating.
• Acupuncture also targets the spleen and the thyroid gland which are often responsible for adding those extra pounds to the body.
• Women also gain weight either during PMS (Pre-menstrual syndrome) or menopause, and acupuncture for weight loss in Houston, TX treats both the conditions by aiming adrenal and ovary glands to function normally and not to add extra weight in the body.
Number of sessions
• During the first session, the practitioner wants to know about the general health, the history, and the wellness goals of the patient. This helps in formulating the treatment program as the patient need to follow a healthy diet in addition to the needles’ treatment.
• Some people feel the results of acupuncture for weight loss in Houston, TX quickly as compared to others who need comparatively more sessions to see results. This varies from person to person, depending upon the body type and the lifestyle.
Side effects of acupuncture
• The only side effect of acupuncture for weight loss in Houston ( https://www.topacu.com/about-us/ ), TX is that if it is done by untrained and inexperienced practitioners, the needles may leave bruises on the patient’s body.
• People suffering from bleeding disorders or are taking blood thinning medication must or the pregnant women must not undergo acupuncture.
• New needles must be used for each patient. If used repeatedly, they can cause skin irritation and infection.