Hiring a so-so copywriter is easy, but hiring a top-notch copywriter is not. Here are some tips to help you when interviewing ( VitaminTalent/What-we-do ) copywriters in Los Angeles:
1) Qualities to Look for in a Copywriter
· Good Researcher: The copywriter should be a subject matter expert in your business domain. The writer should be able to write compelling copy after researching the topic. Besides researching on the Internet, the copywriter should interview important stakeholders in your industry to get to the core of what is important.
· Knowledge of Your Target Audience: If you are trying to convince or persuade the audience to buy something, you should know their language; the language in which they think. An eBook, ad copy or blog posts can only be effective when the writer understands the way the audience thinks and responds to the content.
· Self-Assured: The copywriter should be confident about his/her writing and also be open to the feedback. He/she should be able to defend their ideas when appropriate and can explain the thought process behind it. A good copywriter ( VitaminTalent/Copywriters-los-angeles ) would be confident about his writing skills and direction but at the same time also open to dialogue where the concerned people are able to put ideas on the table.
2) Ask for Samples
The best way to evaluate writing skills of a copywriter is by looking at some samples. A good copywriter would have several articles and blogposts published on the Internet that can be used as quality check tool.
3) Ask the Right Questions
These are some of the interview questions that can help you find the right copywriter:
· How Long Have You Been Working as a Copywriter?
· What Is Your Turnaround Time and Rates?
· What Is Your Revision Policy?
· Do You Have Knowledge of SEO Copywriting?
Hiring a copywriter can be very beneficial to your organziation, and you need a skilled and reliable person for the job.
How do you hire a copywriter for your marketing campaigns?