Remember that for indoor tanning, you need to use a proper indoor tanning bed lotion, and not the same style of tanning lotion that you use when you are out in the sun on the beach. Indoor tanning bed lotions include good quality moisturizers to ensure your skin stays healthy and doesn’t dry out from the UV light of the tanning bed. As well, regular lotions may have added ingredients that can damage the tanning bed; a tanning bed salon may ask to see the lotion you will be using to ensure their equipment will not be damaged.
Items You Need:
1. Clothes you don’t mind staining; use whichever bikini style you want, depending on the tan lines you are okay with.
2. Tanning goggles to protect your eyes from the UV light.
3. Your favorite dark tanning bed lotion.
4. A cloth for wiping off excess indoor tanning bed lotion.
Before Using Indoor Tanning Bed Lotion
1. Exfoliate your skin before you apply a dark tanning bed lotion to ensure there’s no dead or dry skin to interfere with a smooth tan.
2. Shave all the body parts you intend to tan because hair follicles can accumulate indoor tanning bed lotion and interfere with a clean-looking tan, resulting in dark specs.
3. Don’t use good clothing when you are tanning because the lotion can stain your clothes.
During the Application of the Tanning Lotion
1. Be sure to use a generous amount of indoor tanning bed lotion, starting by squeezing it out of the bottle and into your hands. Using too much is better than too little due to the moisturizer in the lotion; too little moisturizer on your skin during tanning and you’ll need longer sessions for the same results.
2. To avoid dark patches from dark tanning bed lotion, ensure you apply the lotion evenly.
3. When applying dark tanning lotion to your face, avoid putting too much around your eyes, hairline, and nostrils.
4. Before getting into the tanning bed, wipe off any excess tanning bed lotion from between your fingers and from the palms of your hands to avoid having them appear darker afterwards.
After Your Tanning Session
1. Once you have finished your tanning session using dark tanning bed lotion in a tanning bed, you want to wait a few hours before washing it off to give it time to work.
2. When washing off the indoor tanning bed lotion ( https://millenniumtanning.com/about-us ), use a body wash to lightly soak the skin to ensure you keep moisturized.
3. If your body wash does not have a good moisturizer in it, then moisturize after washing to keep your skin youthful and healthy.
4. Do not exfoliate again until your next tanning session, as it can affect how your tan looks.
5. Give your skin at least 24 hours to recover before doing another tanning session; the darkening process doesn’t end when you leave the tanning bed, and your skin needs time.