To make things easy for you, we have compiled a list of five essential marketing interview questions and answers that should be part of the interview process.
1. What Are the Important P’s of Marketing?
Marketing strategies are based on specific marketing elements where the marketer uses a set of marketing tools to achieve objectives. There are various marketing mix formulas like
· 4 P’s of marketing- Product, Price, Place, and Promotion
· 5 P’s of marketing- Product, Price, People, Place, and Promotion
· 6 P’s of marketing- Product, Price, Place, People, Promotion, and Performance
The candidate should be able to determine the right marketing mix formula for different marketing campaigns.
2. What Social Media Channels Would You Choose for Brand Awareness?
There is a misconception among marketers that “more is better” which is not true. Instead of choosing all, the marketer should select a social media platform that will help the company connect with the target audience. Focusing on the important social media platforms and then expanding to others would be the right marketing strategy.
Facebook is one social media platform you cannot choose to ignore. If your company is related to skin care products, Instagram would be the right place to start with. For a business consulting platform, LinkedIn would be better. The candidate should be able to decide the right social media channels as per your business niche.
3. What Marketing Productivity Tools You Use?
The success of marketing team depends on coordination which does not come easy. Every member of the marketing team has a responsibility to deliver work on time and to the highest possible standard. The candidate should have knowledge of popular marketing productivity tools that are used by marketing teams worldwide.
4. How Do You Manage Situations Where Team Members Have Different Values and Ideas from You?
It is one of the important marketing interview questions and answers that will help you understand how the candidate deals with people who work differently. Some things to look for are:
· Is the candidate open-minded?
· Does the candidate exhibit ability to bridge differences?
A good marketing team ideally has people from different backgrounds. The candidate needs to show respect to others’ thoughts and lead the team in the right direction ( VitaminTalent/What-we-do ). The marketing team and its leader should always focus on the product and not on the differences.
5. How Do You Deal with Failure?
This question will help you understand how the candidate deals with failure. Some things to look for are:
· Does the candidate get overly discouraged by failure?
· Is the candidate able to learn from failure?
These are the some of the essential marketing interview questions and answers that will help you determine if the candidate has the right attitude and skills required for the position.